Sample Category Posts
- Robin Goodfellow's racing tips: Best bets for Wednesday, September 18 September 17, 2019Sportsmail's racing expert Robin Goodfellow dishes out his tips for Wednesday's meetings at Sandown, Beverley, Yarmouth and Kelso...
- Robin Goodfellow's racing tips: Best bets for Tuesday, September 17 September 17, 2019Sportsmail's racing expert Robin Goodfellow dishes out his tips for Tuesday's meetings at Yarmouth, Chepstow, Newcastle and Redcar...
- Trainer Marcus Tregoning hoping Impressor lives up to his name at Dubai Duty Free Mill Reef Stakes September 16, 2019Trainer Marcus Tregoning is hoping Impressor can live up to his name and deliver the trainer his second Newbury Group race win of the year in the Dubai Duty Free Mill Reef Stakes on Saturday.
- Five new international support races to join the Saudi Cup with Riyadh set to host September 16, 2019The Jockey Club of Saudi Arabia has announced five new international support races to the world's richest race, the Saudi Cup, which will take place in Riyadh at the end of February.
- Pinatubo's victory at the Curragh was the best performance by a two-year-old in Europe for 25 years September 16, 2019Pinatubo's nine-length victory in Sunday's Group One National Stakes at the Curragh was the best performance by a two-year-old in Europe for 25 years.
- Genius Frankie Dettori seals his sweet 16 after victory in Prix Vermeille at Longchamp September 15, 2019Just 24 hours after landing the St Leger on Star Catcher's John Gosden-trained stable-mate Logician, Frankie Dettori dictated terms on board the Irish Oaks winner on Sunday at Longchamp.
- Robin Goodfellow's racing tips: Best bets for Monday, September 16 September 15, 2019Sportsmail's racing expert Robin Goodfellow dishes out his tips for Monday's meetings at Thirsk, Worcester, Brighton and Kempton.
- Logician maintains unbeaten record to win the St Leger at Doncaster September 14, 2019Frankie Dettori wondered why boss John Gosden was so keen for him to ride a colt he knew little about in a handicap at an evening meeting at Newbury in July.
- Frankie Dettori to partner red-hot favourite Logician in £700,000 St Leger at Doncaster September 13, 2019MARCUS TOWNEND AT DONCASTER: Bookmakers could be crushed under a Frankie Dettori-inspired Classic avalanche when the Italian partners red-hot favourite Logician.
- Robin Goodfellow's racing tips: Best bets for Saturday, September 14 September 13, 2019Sportsmail's racing expert Robin Goodfellow dishes out his tips for Saturday's meetings at Lingfield, Musselburgh, Doncaster, Chester, Chelmsford City and Bath...
- Another Horse Fatally Injured at Santa Anita September 18, 2019With 10 days to go before the start of Santa Anita’s fall meet, which include the Breeders’ Cup World Championships, a 4-year-old gelding named Zeke (Gio Ponti) fractured his pelvis during a work on Santa Anita’s training track Monday morning and was euthanized. The Dean Pederson trainee’s death brings the total number of fatalities at […]
- A ‘Flattering’ Beginning to Book Four September 18, 2019A yearling filly by Flatter led the way during a lively day of trade at Keeneland September’s Book 4 opener Tuesday, bringing $310,000 from bloodstock agent Mike Ryan. Consigned by Select Sales, agent for Machmer Hall as Hip 2379, the dark bay or brown filly is out of the graded stakes-placed Candy Ride (Arg) mare […]
- Observations: $2.4 Million War Front Debuts at Naas September 17, 2019Observations on the European Racing Scene turns the spotlight on the best European races of the day, highlighting well-pedigreed horses early in their careers, horses of note returning to action and young runners that achieved notable results in the sales ring. Wednesday’s Insights features a $2.4 million son of War Front. 2.10 Great Yarmouth, Mdn, […]
- Re-Write of Jockey Rules in Pipeline For NY Racing September 17, 2019Rules aimed at strengthening health and fitness protections and upgrading the licensing requirements for jockeys, exercise riders and outriders are in the pipeline in New York. The New York State Gaming Commission (NYSGC) voted unanimously Tuesday at its monthly meeting to advance a comprehensively re-written package of licensing protocols to the proposal level. After a […]
- Podcasts Now On Apple & Spotify; Videos At TDN September 17, 2019The TDN Podcast is back in a new format, and all of the TDN’s videos and video archives now live right on our site. Visit www.thetdn.com/podcast/ to listen to all of our podcast offerings. Those include stories from the TDN Look in podcast form, including our Keeneland Life’s Work Oral History Series; the Writers’ Room, […]
- TDN Q&A: TSG’s Aidan Butler on Santa Anita, part 1 September 17, 2019When Aidan Butler, The Stronach Group (TSG)’s chief strategy officer, arrived at Santa Anita earlier this Spring, he did so in the midst of a welfare crisis unfolding on a national stage. Since then, TSG has solidified Butler’s position within the company, where he will additionally serve as acting executive director of California Racing Operations. […]
- Maximum Security Out of PA Derby September 17, 2019Dual Grade I winner Maximum Security (New Year’s Day) has been ruled out of an expected start in Saturday’s GI Pennsylvania Derby due to a large colon nephrosplenic entrapment that developed after the colt returned from his morning work Monday. He was rushed to Mid-Atlantic Equine Clinic in Ringoes, N.J., but is now back at […]
- Lakow Appointed VP of Racing Operations at Gulfstream September 17, 2019Mike Lakow has been appointed Vice President of Racing Operations at Gulfstream. He had most recently served as racing secretary for NYRA during the Saratoga and Aqueduct meets. Lakow takes over for Bill Badgett, who has taken a position with the Florida Horsemen’s Benevolent and Protective Association. “I’m thankful to The Stronach Group for offering […]
- Wrona Gets Grants Pass Downs Announcing Gig September 17, 2019Ahead of its inaugural 14-date commercial fall race meet, Grants Pass Downs in southern Oregon has named veteran race caller Michael Wrona as its announcer for the upcoming Sep. 22-Nov. 4 season. Both the announcer and the racetrack are in the midst of transitional years. Wrona, 53, has called at numerous North American tracks since […]
- Body and Soul: Culture Clashes September 17, 2019It seems that whenever your correspondent comes up with a writer’s block or a dearth of exciting news to dwell upon, his hand reaches out to the trusty bookshelf and invariably falls upon the spine of either one of Dr. Franco Varola’s game-changing tomes, “Typology of the Racehorse,” or the sequel, “The Functional Development of […]